Thursday, July 29, 2010

Song 14 "The Hands That Built America"

"The Hands That Built America" was written by U2 in 2002.

It's about the immigrants from all over the world coming to America who started with nothing and ended up building the country. The verses each point out a different important time in America's history (the last one is describing 9/11).

This song is definitely a story about America and what happened to get where we are now. It's very proud and uplifting. The language is very figurative, and there is a lot of imagery. For example, in the first verse.

This is a very patriotic song. I like how it points out the importance of the immigrants. My ancestors were immigrants, and I'm sure most people's are, too. Other than that, I didn't really like the song. It was a little too slow for me. I still think it was a good song, though.

This song helps remember the importance of the immigrants and the events like 9/11. It also shows that people are proud of our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment